The ICSE Online Static Guarding Skills Training Course (QQI 4N1118) has been developed by ICSE and approved by the PSA. This program, completed fully online, provides a learner with the QQI Level 4 Guarding Skills Award allowing them to apply for a Static Guarding Licence from the Private Security Authority (PSA).
Tue 18 May
6 Online Sessions
- €345.00 excl.
Tue 25 May
6 Online Sessions
- €345.00 excl.
ICSE is the largest and most experienced provider of security training in Ireland and over 18,000 people have qualified by taking our award-winning training programmes. This online delivery of the Guarding Skills course is the latest in our evolution to further enhance the quality of training for the sector.
Due to the very high quality of our courses, our Guarding Skills graduates quickly find employment and work as security operatives in factories, retail, hospitals, building sites and compounds (Safe pass needed), monitoring, cash in transit, key holding and response, sporting events and more.
QQI level 4 courses are comprised of 100 hours of learning. Of this, 30 hours are direct contact between the trainer and the learner. The online courses use Zoom to provide a virtual classroom where learners can interact with each other and the tutor throughout the direct training provision.
Each daily zoom session is 5 hours long running from 12.00pm to 5pm each day, except for the pre course interview which starts at 10am. The whole program is delivered over 6 sessions with the final 1 hour assessment taking place on the Monday or Tuesday directly after the course finishes. Learners will be provided with their assessment time slot during the training program.
This programme is delivered through a blended learning approach with direct contact between trainer and student over two weeks. The course duration allows the participants the correct amount of time to complete the required self-directed aspect of the programme.
Participants are also required to complete some pre-course work, practice, study, and reflection but don’t worry about it! We make sure you are supported every step of the way.
Learners complete a home study element of the course which covers the more theoretical aspects of the programme. The more practical aspects and skills learning are developed during the online sessions.
- If English is not your first language, candidates must have a B2 level in English or higher to attend the online training course
- All candidates will require a laptop or desktop or tablet to attend the program. (A smart phone is not sufficient). Participants are required to complete a pre course interview online prior to confirming a place on the course just so we can check everyone’s tech, etc is in order.
- Candidates must submit a photocopy of their passport or drivers’ licence, proof of address and their PPS number during the registration process
- Candidates must have access to reliable broadband coverage for the duration of this program
- Candidates must have a suitable space, free of distractions from which to log onto the course each day
- Candidates must attend ALL scheduled Virtual classroom sessions
- Exemption: €20 of the cost is charged by QQI for certification. Participants who are on the live register or are the holder of a medical card are exempt from the €20 fee. We just need you to submit proof to the course tutor and we can arrange a refund for you.