This programme is traditionally completed by those at supervisory level within their organisation or the security industry. Many candidates also attend that have experience within the sector and feel its time for them to move on to more senior positions within their organisation or within the industry. On completion of the training programme, participants will have developed the knowledge and skills required by those engaged in or wishing to progress to management level within a security company in Ireland.
Successful candidates will gain an understanding of the duties and responsibilities of a supervisor as well as techniques for training and assessing staff. Trainees on this programme also develop their skills in delivering projects, staff welfare and operational supervision.
This programme is delivered through a blended learning approach with 6 days direct contact between trainer and student over four weeks. The online training is 6 sessions on a Thursday and Friday from 09.00am to 1.30pm each day. This course duration allows the participants the correct amount of time to complete the required self-directed aspect of the programme.
- If English is not your first language, candidates must have a B2 level in English or higher to attend the online training course
- All candidates will require a laptop or desktop or tablet to attend the program. (A smart phone is not sufficient). Participants are required to complete a pre course interview online prior to confirming a place on the course just so we can check everyone's tech, etc is in order.
- Candidates must submit a photocopy of their passport or drivers’ licence, proof of address and their PPS number during the registration process
- Candidates must have access to reliable broadband coverage for the duration of this program
- Candidates must have a suitable space, free of distractions from which to log onto the course each day
- Candidates must attend ALL scheduled Virtual classroom sessions
- €20 of the cost is charged by QQI for certification. Participants who are on the live register or are the holder of a medical card are exempt from the €20 fee. We just need you to submit proof to the course tutor and we can arrange a refund for you.